Rent an Ocean & Earth 8ft surf school softboard. The Ocean & Earth SSB Surf School softboard range features template shapes designed by former ASP world #5 Phil 'Macca' Macdonald, specifically aimed for performance and durability, and for beginner and intermediate level surfers.
- Suitable for beginners to advanced surfers.
- Carry handle takes the hassle out of carrying the board.
- Deck graphics designed to aid foot placement for beginner surfers
- Wide tail area for increased stability
- Durable and strong EPS core. More buoyant in the water.
- Dimensions: 8'0" X 24" X 3 3/4", 94 L
- Supplied with 3 x 100mm soft fins.
O&E Surf School Board Review
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where is the closest surf beach?
If there is surf in Lagos, the closest beaches are less than 5 minutes away. Otherwise, the west coast is 30 minutes away by car.
- Where is the best place to surf for beginners?
Praia do Amado and Praia da Arrifana are generally considered 2 of the most consistent and safest beaches for beginners. Check the surf report first!
- I don't have a car. How do I get there?
We can organise beach transfers for you but you'll need to book a day in advance. The other option is to take a bus to Sagres and try renting a board there.
- Do I need a wetsuit?
Yes, wetsuits are advisable. 3/2mm suits for summer and 4/3mm suits for winter. The water temperature is usually between 16 and 18 degrees year round.
- Do you offer insurance?
Yes, we offer insurance against damages to the board while it's in your care. Speak to us about insurance options in-store.
- What else do I need to know?
Keep a safe distance from others in the water. Don't drop in, don't throw your board, paddle wide and communicate.
Getting to Us
We are located in the historical centre, just down the road from the cinema and next to Pastelaria Gombá - one of the oldest bakeries in Lagos. If you are driving, we recommend the free parking on Rua Infante de Sagres and walking to the shop - it takes less than 5 minutes. If you are collecting or returning bikes, SUPs or surfboards, there is temporary parking available outside our shop on Rua Primeiro de Maio 53.