- Size Guide
- Our Location
- Reviews (0)
What to Expect
Our surf trips allow you to surf the best beaches the Algarve of Portugal has to offer. If you’ve always wanted to give surfing a try and experience the ocean in a new way, then our group surfing lessons are for you.
Here you can learn to surf in groups of up to 6-8 people per instructor, where our instructors will customise each lesson to suit the needs of the group, and help you target specific areas that will improve your technique.
We partner with the best surfing schools in Lagos.
- Journey to the coast of the Costa Vicentina Natural Park.
- Learn to surf in a fun and safe environment with a qualified ASI surf instructor.
- Travel light – surfboards, wetsuits, rash guards, and picnic style lunch provided.
- Convenient pickup and drop-off near the historical centre or from your hotel in Lagos or Luz (subject to availability).
- Cheaper, low season prices.
What is my Surf Level?
These 1-10 day surf courses are designed for:
- First Timers L1 – You have never surfed before.
- Beginners L2 – You can get to your feet and ride broken waves in white water.
- Beginners L3 – You can stand up on the board and change direction in the white water and take off on small, knee to waist deep unbroken waves.
- Intermediate L4 – You can paddle out and catch unbroken waist to shoulder height waves and ride down the line under control.
You will receive a confirmation email and voucher instantly after booking. In the event that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email.
A hotel pick-up is offered free of charge with this tour/activity. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee a hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our surf school to organise pick-up arrangements. Pickups are available in the Lagos area only.
Departure & Return
The meeting point is located outside the Pro Putting Garden mini golf in Lagos. Your estimated pickup time is between 09:00-09:30 and returning between 16:30-17:30.
- Vegetarian option for lunch is available free of charge (see booking extras).
- Pickup, drop-off and lesson times are subject to change depending on weather and ocean conditions. We will notify you of any changes.
- Lessons are taught in English and Portuguese (amongst others).
- Group lessons are not suitable for children aged 12 years and under. Children under 14 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Please contact us if you have any allergies or medical conditions that may impact your ability to complete the lessons.
Why Book with Us?
All inclusive: Lunch, transport & all equipment
2 x 1.5-2 hour surf lessons daily
FREE cancellation up to 24 hours before you go
Departure from Lagos every day 09:30-16:30
- Which beaches do you go to?
During the low season we choose the best spot for the surf lessons according to current sea and weather conditions. We recommend you ask your driver which beach you will be going to on the day.
- I’ve never been surfing before. Is it easy?
Over 80% of the people that join us have no prior surfing experience. It helps if you’ve done board sports in the past, but this is not essential. Most people are standing up and riding their first waves by the end of the day.
- Do I need a wetsuit?
Here in the Algarve, the water temperature is usually between 16-20°C year round. We provide 4/3mm wetsuits during the winter season to keep you warm during the lessons.
- What should I bring?
We recommend you bring a hat, sunscreen, swimming gear, towel, sun protection, spending money, extra water, and warm clothing for after the lesson.
- Can I wear my glasses or contact lenses when I’m surfing?
If struggle to see without your glasses, then yes, please wear them; you can secure them with a strap or piece of string. Disposable contact lenses are the best option for surfing.
- Can I use the equipment after the lesson?
Additional use of the equipment is subject to availability and at the discretion of the school in question. We suggest you ask your instructor on the day.
We are located in the historical centre, near the cinema and next to Pastelaria Gombá - one of the oldest coffee shops in Lagos.
If you are driving, we recommend free parking on Rua Infante de Sagres and walking 5 minutes to the shop. If you are collecting or returning bikes, SUPs or surfboards, there is temporary parking available outside our shop on Rua Primeiro de Maio.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.